27.1 C
Lagos
Thursday, July 18, 2024
spot_img

Over 50 students hospitalised after smelling gas in school

Japanese Kyodo News on Monday, May 8, 2023, reported that over 50 students were hospitalised after a gas smell was detected at Kamei Elementary School in Yao.

Children
Children are said to be exposed to five times more air pollution on school run

According to the news source, around 09:00 a.m. local time (00:00 GMT), a gas smell was reported at elementary school in Osaka prefecture.

As of 11:00 a.m., the smell was still present with a possibility of a gas leak not ruled out.

After the smell was detected, the children were evacuated to the school yard, where several dozen complained about feeling unwell which lead to the hospitalisation of 51 children, Kyodo News said.

All the children were conscious and their health was not in danger.

The origin of the smell was investigated by local authorities, the report added.

Latest news

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

You might also likeRELATED
Recommended to you

×